Career at EarthLink
We are approaching our vision to be pioneers and innovators of Internet services and technology solutions for the future. Moreover, about to achieve our mission by providing fast, flexible and accurate services to businesses, and leading our customers through changing technology world
We are looking for talented people to be part of our team and go along with our challenging journey.
Want to know more about EarthLink? See how we roll Life Inside Earthlink
This position is responsible for Maintenance of Power equipment at the site in terms of repair, installation, preventive maintenance or any other tasks related to Power.
This position is assigned for Technicians capable of handling medium scale complexity tasks and require assistance from team leader, expert technician or Technician A in fault diagnosis, troubleshooting, fixes, or installations.In order to progress to Technician A, the employee shall assist another higher level Technician by getting
practical experience in large scale and complex tasks. Also the employee shall have proven records of quality work with no mistakes, ability to work independently, acquiring certifications, improving education level, leadership competencies in terms of decision making, commitment to goals, continuous improvement, initiative taking shall be apparent in a consistent manner with proven records of achieving outstanding results.
- Handle installation, equipment layout, integration, commissioning, testing, optimization, operation, as well as identification and maintenance of Power Equipment on the site.
- Regularly climb ladders and work on rooftops and may occasionally work on towers.
- Handle status monitoring systems and demonstrate ability to diagnose and solve problems.
- Check connectivity for correct functionality and optimal performance.
- Treat customers with respect, courtesy, and professionalism at all times
- Provide daily status monitoring of assigned sites.
- Load required tools and material into assigned Company vehicle with automatic transmission.
- May need to drive from and to site locations.
- Use hand tools to connect wires to terminals and to attach and detach various kinds of hardware to cable, etc. Work with color coded wires.
- Adhere to policies and procedures while working autonomously
- Maintain a safe work environment by following safe practices and adhering to safety policies.
- Follow industry codes, regulations, and standards.
- Work with heavy duty power equipment and hand tools in the construction and repair of outside plant cable facilities, conduit and pole lines.
- Handle Electrical and power equipment repair at the site installation.
- Handle Installation the generator 5 KVA , 16KVA , 30 KVA
- Handle Configuration the Power Devices (ups, icp and pdu)
- Handle Site survey to check the site availability from the power side (shelter location, Gen location, Main Power Source, Second Power source.
Power Workshop Technician:
- Repair the malfunctions the Electronic devices (Power supplies & UPS's &Auto chargers & PDU's).
- Reprogramming the devices mentioned above.
- Keep all repaired item in logs up to date.
Field Technicians – General Abilities:
- Understand optical network design.
- Knowledge of RF, AC, DC.
- Ability to safely use weight-bearing equipment (such as safety harness and ladders) within the maximum weight limitations of that equipment.
- Ability to accurately measure distances, using tapes or other measuring devices.
- Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder and poles using hooks and climbing belts as needed.
- Ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires
- Ability to dig in all types of soil to bury cable.
- Ability to make cable connections in tight spaces by bending, reaching, twisting
- Ability to use hand tools; ability to use propane torch.
- Ability to walk over all types of conditions in all kinds of weather while carrying tools and equipment, including ladders, and fully loaded tool belts.
- Ability to work while standing 50 - 70% of the time
- Ability to work with small components and wires to make cable connections.
- Fair Command of English and Arabic- Written and Spoken
- Fair Command of Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS Excel, Email)
- 3 Years’ experience in telecommunication/ISP or network operations industry specializing in Power.
- Diploma in related field with Technical Certification.
- Construction and installation.
- Preventive & Corrective Maintenance Techniques
- Structural and Mechanical systems understanding
- Use of diagnostic equipment.
- Health & Safety Techniques.
- Tools and Equipment utilization.