Career at EarthLink
We are approaching our vision to be pioneers and innovators of Internet services and technology solutions for the future. Moreover, about to achieve our mission by providing fast, flexible and accurate services to businesses, and leading our customers through changing technology world
We are looking for talented people to be part of our team and go along with our challenging journey.
Want to know more about EarthLink? See how we roll Life Inside Earthlink
Sr. Network Operations Engineer
Network Operations Center
The Sr. Network Operations Engineer is responsible for ensuring the maximum possible service availability and performance for company’s customer facing ISP services and network by handling maintenance requests resolution within approved objectives and metrics set by the company. The Lead Engineer position handle level 3 tickets with more complex networking requests than tasks handled by the Junior Network operations Engineer.
- Work trouble and change tickets effectively and efficiently; Interact with different departments, vendors, staff to facilitate quick resolution of issues in accordance with established processes.
- Act as last escalation point for complex technical Network faults to ensure quick and effective resolutions.
- Manage repairs and fixes of all faults in the internet gateway, data centre, aggregation network and access network.
- Perform systematic data removal on devices being refreshed or decommissioned per client standard procedures using client provided disk wiping tools.
- Ensure stable and reliable ISP network services (e.g. access products, service networks)
- Handle Day-to-day network performance monitoring.
- Handle Network troubleshooting and fault analysis; hardware troubleshooting and repair.
- Handle Trouble ticket generation and response; carrier interface and escalations.
- Ensure 100% Deployment and maintenance of network monitoring, analysis and reporting tools.
- Ensure Application of configuration changes via our change control systems and processes.
- Handle supervising Installation of network hardware and software.
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation.
- Handle Configuration for the network, Maintenance of the network.
- Handle Access and Aggregation network.
- Removal of devices and mounting equipment from racks and package for shipment.
- Performing server configurations.
- Performing firmware, drivers and software upgrades
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering or any related.
- 3 Years in Network Operations Engineering Type of role.
- Holding one of the following certificates: CCNP Cloud , CCNP Data Center , CCNP Security , CCNP SP, CCNP Routing and Switching.
- A good command in English (Speaking & Writing).