Career at EarthLink
We are approaching our vision to be pioneers and innovators of Internet services and technology solutions for the future. Moreover, about to achieve our mission by providing fast, flexible and accurate services to businesses, and leading our customers through changing technology world
We are looking for talented people to be part of our team and go along with our challenging journey.
Want to know more about EarthLink? See how we roll Life Inside Earthlink
IRQNBB - Site Supervisor Internship
Earthlink Telecommunication is proud to provide an internship program for Iraqi community for 6 training days in our office and sites , the internship will be presented by highest level of expertise in field of telecommunication and civil engineering .
The main purpose behinds Internship program is to prepare qualified engineers to find jobs as site supervisors and give back community by develop and empower engineers to participate in labour market .
Key Duties :
- Provide input on equipment and properties to perform mechanical analyses related to cables.
- Understanding of applied mechanics, materials and processing, mechanical testing, and optical transmission and provide technical teams with diagnosis and assistance handling complex technical problems.
- Ensure that network operations deployed are safe and efficient by monitoring network performance, advising planned maintenance schedules, adjusting hardware components.
- Provide support during deployment phase to technical deployment supervisors and project managers to deliver infrastructure on time and to industry standards.
- Design detailed engineering drawings and support for the orderly construction and installation, modification and removal of equipment, switching equipment, power systems, cable racks, supporting AC power, wireless system cell site components and new emerging technologies such as broadband and customer-premises wireless solutions.
- Manage technical analysis of projects using software planning tools.
- Perform Site Survey – Identify build pathways and provide solutions for deployment.
- Provide support for Network Equipment Installation and Troubleshooting.
- Provide technical support for Radio installation.
- Provide technical support for Cable Placement -Terminations and Splicing - Optical fiber and copper.
- Assist the Deployment supervisor in maintaining accurate installation, service, and inventory records
- Ensure adequate supply levels by inventorying stock and communicating needs to warehouse
- Communicate the wiring plan and equipment lay-out prior to the installation if needed.
- Design and develop optical fiber cable sketches.
- Serve as primary on-site technical adviser, from site survey to delivery.
- Facilitate installation, commissioning, testing and acceptance support.
- B.Eng. in Civil , Electrical, Mechanical or Telecom Engineering or related.
- A minimum 1 Years’ experience in telecommunication/or network operations industry.
- Good Command of English and Arabic- Written and Spoken.
- Good Command of Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a team player who generates enthusiasm and builds effective working relationships.
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.
- Self-motivated, hands-on critical thinker and problem solver.
- Willingness and ability to quickly learn complex concepts.
- Knowledge working on network equipment in an ISP environment.
- Basic knowledge in Quality Standards & ITIL.
- Basic Knowledge in Fixed and FTTH telecommunications industry.
- Basic knowledge or experience with telecom/network equipment, routers, IP switches, data center, cabling, fiber and copper distribution, AC/DC power systems, environmental controls, and relay rack/cabinet/cage construction.
- Understanding and basic command of CAD tools, reading work prints, network designs, fault diagnosis tools, communication systems and tools, catalogues, training material.